Thursday 23 October 2014

Thursday Tunes


Greetings earthlings,

Due to various factors including work, laziness and illness I have not blogged since May.(shocking I'm sure..)
For those of you that are still here, thank you! I thought I'd ease myself back into blogging with a new edition of Thursday Tunes, so without further edue, here are 10 songs I've been loving this week. :)

Stay classy, 
Lxx













1. Wet- I Don't Wanna Be Your Girl (Branchez Remix) Listen here
    2. Marina And The Diamonds- Obsessions (The Aspirin For My       Children Remix)   Listen here
   3. Josh Record- Wide Awake. Listen here
   4. Sinéad O'Connor- Take Me To Church. Listen here
   5. Marina And The Diamonds Boyfriend Cover. Listen here
   6. Paramore Ain't It Fun Listen here
   7. Thin Lizzy- Sarah Listen here
   8..The Riptide Movement- All works out. Listen here
   9.Thomas Cohen- Honeymoon. Listen here
   10. Hozier-Eden.  Listen here.

*Foreign Language song of the week*(Does that sound racist? Should I refer to it as 'Non-English song of the week? The struggle is real.)
Indila- Derniére Danse. Listen here


Who What Where Why When

Wet-   This Brookylyn based trio know what they're at.

Marina And The Diamonds- The Grecian Goddess that can do no wrong(in my eyes anyway.)

Josh Record- An upcoming superstar this guy is one to watch. I was lucky enough to see him perform live at Longitude festival last Summer and he was just as good, if not better, live.

Sinéad O'Connor- My spirit animal. The outspoken Irish music Queen herself is back with her new album 'I'm Not Bossy, I'm The Boss.'

Paramore- The song is good, the music video even better. A Guinness World Record in itself.

Thin Lizzy- I discovered Thin Lizzy a few years ago and haven't looked back since. This song is one of the sweetest out there, Phil Lynott's ode to his baby daughter Sarah. Phil Lynott is another spirit animal of mine. Thin Lizzy are easily the best Irish rock band to date(in my opinion) enjoy!

The Riptide Movement- This song has become very  well known in Ireland but I thought it would be a good one to include for those of you outside Ireland, one of Ireland's next biggest bands!

Thomas Cohen- You may need the Kleenex for this one. Thomas Cohen is the husband of the late Peaches Geldof. He wrote this song Honeymoon about/for her last year. I, like many of you I'm sure, was one of Peaches' many followers on instagram. Here I discovered Tom and his music. He was formerly in the band S.C.U.M before going solo. This song is mesmerizing, his voice could sooth the angriest soul.

Hozier- The Irish artist from Bray Co.Wicklow that is smashing it at the moment. Doing the Irish proud! His songs Take Me To Church(listen here) and Cherry Wine (listen here.) are also well worth a listen.


No comments:

Post a Comment