Tuesday 4 December 2012

Blogmas Day 3= Ombréd Hair For Me!

Greetings earthlings, 
Let me start by saying...sorry sorry sorry! 
Im ashamed to be posting this so late in the day, am really chancing it! 
I've been busy working trying to ensure i pass the semester at Uni. It won't happen again! The tardiness that is, hopefully i will continue to attempt to pass my exams..

Anyhoo....


I ombréd my hair!
Ombré is a fancy term for dip dyed, I was trying to impress you.
Spontaneity, one of my many attributes….
I decided on a Wednesday evening about 3 weeks ago that I wanted to ombré (still trying to impress you)my hair. An hour later I found myself with half a head full of dye cursing like a sailor. I was cursing  cause it suddenly dawned on me how very, very wrong this could go….
One word…
Ginger.
Not that ive anything against gingers, I just didn’t fancy myself with half a head of ginger hair.  


 
I used the L'oréal Ombré kit, not a chance was paying a fortune to get something potentially disgusting done to my hair! I had to use two boxes because I've so much hair. Each box was 9.95 euro. Sorry i couldn't take a pic of the kit myself, it went in the bin three weeks ago! 


I realise that trend is a good year old at this stage but i  needed to get this small amount of rebellion out of my system. Usually people just dye the ends of their hair, hence the term 'dip dye'. I however, was feeling particularly brave that night and went hell for leather on,dying about half my hair. I figured, I've lots of hair so why not? I'm hoping it looks ok? People at college have told me they really like it, but maybe they're just trying to be nice? No going back now regardless, its permanent  dye. My hairdresser is going to kill me! I'm in desperate need of a haircut and can only put it off for so long! 


Thankfully the dye hasn't made my hair really dry. I've been taking extra good care of it since i dyed it and it looks like its working. I've a full post on hair care so have a gawk at that if your curious as to how i care for it :) 

Here's the 'before'shot. Apparently i was very happy? 
Then again, I've a lot to be happy about! :)    






Aaaaand after! Excuse the frizzy hair, am just in the door from college so my hair is a bit 'windswept' :P


I must include that my expression in this one is a joke, i was sending the pic to a friend. Although i was happy! For some reason one side of my hair looks a lot blonder in that pic. One side is slightly blonder, because i did it myself but its not as obvious as in that pic! 


I hope you enjoyed reading this post :) If you ever been tempted to ombré you hair I'd recommend you do. Its good fun and sure its only the ends of your hair, you can grow it out soon enough! 

Stay classy, 

xx 




No comments:

Post a Comment