Sunday 2 December 2012

On the first day of Blogmas my true love gave to me..

Greetings Earthlings, 
I heard about Blogmas today and decided i'd give it a go :)
Blogmas= blogging everyday in December until Christmas!
And yes,today is the 2nd of December...wouldn't be my blog if it was perfect!

I haven't decided on a particular theme for my blogmas yet so for now i'll do diary type posts.I was thinking of '23 things i love' for the 23 days of blogmas that are left? Feel free to throw any ideas my way.

On the first(second for everyone else) day of Blogmas my true love gave to me......two jumpers from a vintage clothing shop :) Btw, by true love i do of course, mean me. #foreveralone ......apologies for the hashtag, I won't let it happen again.

Today i decided to brave the bad weather and head into town for a sale that was going on in a vintage clothing shop in Galway called Public Romance. It was an unusual sale in that it was priced per kg. The clothes were weighed at the counter and every kg cost 18 euro.

To be honest it was the novelty of the clothes being weighed that attracted me to the sale, i am three.
My friend and i were the first over eager shoppers to arrive. We stood in the rain for about 10 mins with about 10 other girls before the doors opened. Once in the shop everyone raced to different racks. Everyone was obviously feeling a bit competitive and flustered. Although it was tempting to raise around the place like a mad woman i decided i'd try and keep my calm, it worked. I ended up getting an  entire rack to myself because i was calm and going through the clothes so slowly that no one was willing to stand there and wait for me when i wasn't willing to fight over a jumper with them.  It was nice to experience a Black Friday type thing all the same seeing as i've read about 50 'Black Friday Haul' blog posts.

I ended up coming out of the shop about half an hour later with these two items.


Im Disney obsessed so this was a must have!











                                                                                                                                                             









I'm thinking this one could work with black skinny jeans and the right accessories?






I was surprised that they weighed a kg together, it cost me 18 euro for the two of them.
Then again, trying to imagine the weight of a bag of sugar in clothes terms had my mind blown so I didn't really have a notion of how many items of clothing i'd get!


So thats Day 1 of Blogmas! Sorry if it was a bit short, I know its only the afternoon but i don't think the rest of my day will be worth blogging about as i shall be chained to my desk!

Im on study week atm as I have exams next week. I think i'll do 'things i like' posts up until my exams and then go back to diary type entries after my exams. This is because my diary type posts up until the 12th(the day i finish) would be really boring because all i'll be doing is writing essays and studying. Hopefully after my exams i'll start doing lots of fun Christmassy things! :) Sorry im literally just typing out my thoughts here!

12 days of Christmas up until the 12th (aka things i like) then diary type posts from there on out? We game? Let me know which you would prefer. Sorry im literally just typing out my thoughts here!

Thanks for stopping by!
See you tomorrow :)
Stay classy,

L xx



Ps- The Official Irish Music Charts came out on Friday and Tiny Dancer by A Song For Lily-Mae is officially Number 1!! Please continue to spread the word so we can keep it there until Christmas :)












3 comments:

  1. love this lornzzzz i seriously lol'd :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Bríd only saw this now! Thanks a mil! :)Xx

    ReplyDelete