Friday 5 April 2013

HIPSTER ALERT

Greetings earthlings,

I don't like hipsters. Then again, nobody likes hipsters, even hipsters don't like hipsters. Why am I talking about hipsters? Because what I'm about to write is very 'hipsteresque'. I promise this won't happen again but it has to be done, just this once.

I have liked the band Bastille for way longer than most people. There, I said it.

I'm not normally like this when it comes to music but when it comes to Bastille I'm oddly protective of them. I first discovered them last Summer when I saw someone retweet something about them on Twitter. I decided to check them out and I've been hooked ever since. 

The first song of theirs I listened to was 'Overjoyed'. Its definietly still one of my favourites. 
Weird as it may sound I felt like I had a private relationship with Bastille. They were never played on any of my local radio stations and my friends never discussed them. It was just me and my boys. 

Things however, have changed. With the release of their latest song Pompeii they boys have been catapulted to stardom. Although I am happy for them I feel like our private relationship has ended. Pompeii is constantly being played on radios, something that kills me inside. 

I know they don't belong to me and that they don't even know I exist but I can't help it, I wanted them all to myself. If I were to look at myself I would hate myself, I hate people like this, but alas I can't help it.


On the bright side, they're more likely to do more concerts now so hopefully I'll get to see them. 

If you are one of the few that are yet to hear of Bastille here's a taster of their excellence


Click here to listen to Overjoyed 

Click here to listen to Pompeii   

I hope you've enjoyed this insight into the very talented Bastille if you had never heard of them before this. 
If you think after reading this that I'm an annoying wannabe hipster, you're right, I am. However I plan on coming out the other side of this phase soon. 

Stay classy
L xx


A bonus treat:  Overjoyed Acapella 



No comments:

Post a Comment